Monday, December 15, 2008

Favorite Birthday Boy for December 15th Don Johnson



For some reason, I never got into Miami Vice. Maybe because I was still a kid when it aired and not allowed to watch it. Maybe because my parents were watching Dallas on another network, and I was forced to watch Dallas if I was home, and then grew to enjoy it. I did however always have a major crush on Don Johnson, especially the young Don Johnson. Now don't get me wrong, Don is still a great looking guy, but when in his late teens through this late 30's, Don had a look, I cannot explain it, his face, his body something that when I saw early pics of him drove me wild. Happy 59th Don!!!



Above: Don in 'The Harrad Experiment' (1973).




'Fortune and Men's Eyes:

In 1969, a 19 year old Don Johnson starred on stage in the LA production of "Fortune and Men's Eyes", a drama exploring homosexuality behind bars. Quite a subject matter for 1969. The play was directed by actor Sal Mineo who also starred along side Don. The following are some pics from the Play.




Above: Program pics from "Fortune and Men's Eyes" via Norma Harding from The Official Sal Mineo Website, a great place to learn about this talented actor.










No comments: