Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Favorite Pic of the Day for August 18th


Beautiful!
'Branch' by Robert Colgan whom I profiled below.


I try to be a pretty nice guy. In early August I was out with my dog when the old woman down the street mentioned how much the humidity was bothering her. Since I figured the summer was over (given July in the North East was nothing but rain and dreary days). I offered to bring her down my air conditioner. She gladly accepted my offer. I took it down a couple of weeks ago and although I offered to put it in for her, she insisted her nephew would be over to do it later that day.

Well, I sit here now dieing of the heat after just having installed it for her. (her nephew never showed...) Of course she wanted it in her bedroom which meant getting a latter and removing a storm window which had not been taken off in 50 years. Well, the old lady is cool. I am not.

I say all this as I am taking a bit of a blog break! Not a net break, I will still be posting at least one thing daily and looking for some great upcoming posts. But...until this heat goes away (hopefully by the weekend) spending too much time at once on this computer is almost torture. Popping on for small bits is fine, but despite a window fan (and a panting dog whom insists on lying on my feet, even in the heat...)I think I will stay cool for a few days! Promise at least 1 post a day, but until I return full force enjoy today's posts!

Tye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your air conditioner. You are an awesome guy for helping the lady out. Hopefully someone will do the same for you when you are old one day.