Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Kudos to most of Maine



Well 'most' of Maine was on board. Too bad the North West corner of the State fucked everything up. I was so hoping Maine would do the right thing. Not just because it needed to be done but because how wonderful to have Maine take stances not even California was brave enough to do. Would have been such a great move to the State on many levels.

It will come, of that I am sure. Change is slow but it is getting harder and harder to be patient. Whoever said civil rights should be voted on should be voted out. If we voted on civil rights I firmly believe many in the US would still have women and ALL minorities decades behind where they have fought to get to.

I am still giving Obama time to make needed changes. Not just with gay rights but will all of his promises. How much time is the question.

3 comments:

Joe said...

I worry that Obama is Clinton II when it comes to tangible support of gay issues. Take the money and run!

Kyle said...

If you do your research, Obama is, and always has been, against "gay marriage".

Tye said...

Kyle,
I do my research.
I know what he says, I simply don't believe it.

Obama IMO took the political cop out on the issue soley not to have it an issue and to rile more conservative voters. I firmly believe, maybe like Laura Bush when it does not effect his political life, he will say what he really feels.