Friday, January 1, 2010

#8 Avatar



I have already expressed my thoughts of Avatar, I will simply add this:

Back in the Spring of 1983 I was 8 years old. The theatre in my city was playing Star Wars and The Empire Strikes back as a double feature before they premiered the third installment, The Return of The Jedi. I had never experienced anything like watching these three movies. I left the theatre on a high. Full of wonderment, full of fantasy. I spent the summer of 1983 running through my backyard shooting imaginary lightsabers, killing imaginary storm troopers. I collected the action figures, puzzles, posters and books.

That feeling of amazement, of wonderment pretty much had left me til I saw Avatar. Firstly I had not seen a 3D movie before, but secondly I went with Cameron fully on his journey and was thrilled with the result.

I have been surprised at some of the negative comments I have seen about Avatar. But if you have not seen it, summon up that young boy who first soared to the stars many years ago. If you get him to the theatre, you will not be disappointed.

No comments: