Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tonights TV: The Tony Awards


Above: Aaron Tveit and Stockard Channing.

Readers of FH know I love the stage. I love to focus on stage actors who don't often get the attention they deserve. Whenever I am in New York (and it has been a few years since my last trip) I try to hit as many shows as I can. Thanks to the Internet though I can keep on the shows and actors. One of my favorite award shows has to be The Tony's. (you can see my full list of acting nominee's at my previous post HERE:)

Last years Tony's gave us that Opening number as well as great performances from Next to Normal (a show I am still obsessed with), West Side Story, Guys and Dolls, Billy Elliot and more. It was the Tony's that introduced me to 'In The Heights' (The soundtrack is still a staple when I am in the car) and as well introduced me to many shows and actors whose work I now enjoy. Tonight's show, hosted by Sean Hayes will feature performances from all the nominated shows including La Cage aux Folles.
If you have never watched, give it chance it went from a show I once avoided to one I never miss.


Below: Matt Cavenaugh and Josefina Scaglione in West Side Story.


Below: Nick Adams and the cast of LA Cage Aux Folles.

No comments: