Monday, June 28, 2010

TV star of The Day: Jeffrey Donovan



Ok, actor Jeffrey Donovan and the producers of 'Burn Notice' have worn me down. I have never watched the show, I don't even know if I get it. Yet...I was compelled to order season 1 from Amazon. Please tell me it is good!

I saw the ads for Burn Notice in magazines for years, read comments that it is a great show but still nothing had me itching to watch. Then this past year the show got in the back of my head. First it was a spoof on SNL about the best show no one is watching. Next, it was seeing adorable star Jeffrey Donovan on the cover of TV Guide with two of my favorite actors Mark Feuerstein and Matt Bomer. Lastly it was seeing Jeffrey on a slew of talk show appearances the past month that had me want to get to know the talent behind his adorable face and smile.



A seasoned Shakespearean stage actor, Massachusetts native Jeffrey Donovan has been gracing movie and tv screens for over 15 years now. I first saw Jeffrey in the late 90's in the short lived 'The Pretender'. His on screen resume is matched by his theatre credits which include 'Hamlet', 'The Glory Of Living', 'On The Waterfront' to name just a few.

You can check out much more of Jeffery at a great website HERE:

Below: Boys of Summer: Jeffery with Royal Pains' Mark Feuerstein and White Collar's Matt Bomer.






Below: Jeffrey in 'Burn Notice'





Below:
Jeffrey in 'Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2' (2000)
Thanks to Superherofan for the caps.



4 comments:

Julie said...

I never could get into "Burn Notice." This is largely due to the female lead who weighs about 4 pounds. Every time I see photos of Donovan - or any movie with hilarious co-star Bruce Campbell - I mean to try the show again, but that chicky derails it for me. I wish you better luck.

Anonymous said...

Burn Notice is a great show! The series gets better each season. Jeffrey Donovan is a very sexy man. He's not exactly a Hollywood pretty boy type (although very handsome). He has very sexy moves and a smokin' bod! I sometimes think there is no way they could really come up with what they do in the shows, but then it's television, so you just go with it and enjoy it. Gabrielle Anwar (the female lead) is wonderful in her role, in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

It's an ok show. Very stylish but zero substance. Every episode seems to be the same as the previous one.
- chris

Anonymous said...

The casting director picked the right person, Jeffery Donovan, for the role. He is a great act who is able to play various roles with ease. He also in great shape. He has a face that is definitely not a "pretty boy" which allows him to portray other characters with credibility.ss w