Saturday, July 17, 2010

Nicholas Hoult in 'A Single Man'



I know most of you have seen caps from the scene before but I wanted to add them to the post. I could not have predicted when I first saw Nicholas Hoult in 'About A Boy' that he would turn into such a talented and beautiful actor. I did know watching Nicholas in 'Skins' however that there was a major talent about to break out.



I would have loved to have gotten to know a bit more about Kenny. Many seemed to view Colin Firth's 'George' as lucky to have gotten the attention of the much younger Kenny. I am not so sure... I think if Kenny had remained in George's life he would have brought a whole lot of trouble. As much as it would be nice to think Kenny was just attracted to George, you have to question a teenagers obsession with an almost 50 year old and what he actually wanted out of the relationship.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too would have liked to learn more about Kenny...

I suspect even he did not know what he wanted from George. Kenny seemed more like a young man looking for a role model, than one looking for a lover. Did he need a gay role model? Perhaps, perhaps not.

Maybe I should read the book instead of speculating...perhaps Kenny gains more depth there....

Palliser