Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Just Because: Politics & Entertainment



I am sure DWTS knew exactly what they were doing with they offered Bristol Palin a spot on the show. I am not sure they know that ultimately stunts like that are going to be their 'jumping the shark' moment.

I have nothing against Bristol and I felt some of the hatred towards her was more than a little unfair. As I have stated before that carrying around the burden of who your parents are is not an easy task. Judging someone because of their last name is also juvenile. But....

Kate Gosslin is one thing, being an annoying non-celebrity one can handle, but people turn into DWTS for light entertainment and to get away from the 'real world'. I watch enough news that when I switch to something as mindless as DWTS I don't want to see Sarah Palin's smilin face, nor Obama's for that matter. I want to see C and D list celebrities, shirtless Mark Ballas and Derek Hough and listen to some 'so bad it is good' music. I only started watching this show recently (and not real proud of it). Given the popularity of the show I am sure it does not matter but any future attempts at 'Pulling A Palin' will not be met by my watching any further.

Some may think Palin is brilliant by showing up on DWTS, her own reality show, promoting her book, on Fox News and every other conceivable place people gather...maybe she is. It might also be that before too long even her most ardent supporters are sick of her. Everything has an expiration date and we all know when you leave things out too long they tend to spoil quicker. Palin has been out long enough that one can see the mold beginning to form.


3 comments:

Bobby F. said...

But, Tye, what about when Bristol shows her true colors and says shit like this: "If I win, it would be like giving a big middle finger to people who hate my mom and hate me." That was shown last night on "Entertainment Tonight".

Anonymous said...

Thank You!

Tye said...

Sorry Bob, I don't agree with cruelty regardless.
I think that her reaction was natural given the circumstances. I am no fan of Sarah Palin. But...The hate and trash this young girl took was only because of who birthed her. Kate Gosslin sucked much more than her last year and there were no death threats. The fact she had a baby should tell us she not agree with everything her mother says. Baby or not, she is still a kid and just because we dislike her mother does not mean she should be attacked.