Monday, November 29, 2010

R.I.P Leslie Nielsen



I know I am in the minority but I was not as much of a fan of Leslie Nielsen the comic as I was of Leslie Nielsen the dramatic actor. Although I love Airplane I think the first time I saw Nielsen on screen was watching 1987's Nuts on VHS. I love when I am watching some old show on tv or DVD and Nielsen pops up. Seems like he was on every cop show (Columbo, The Rookies, Cannon) from the 70's usually playing some creepy criminal. I still love to stick in my DVD of The Poseidon Adventure with Nielsen as the captain. Rest In Peace Dr. Rumack.

Below: On the Poseidon with Stella Stevens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nielsen had a star on the Walk of Fame--a sidewalk in downtown Toronto and similar to the Hollywood walk of stars.

He received the Order of Canada as well.

His brother was a Member of Parliament and was Deputy Prime Minister back in the '80s.

Erik and Leslie Nielsen were as different as chalk and cheese.