Thursday, August 18, 2011

Within: Ευσταθιος Παπαβραμοπουλος

The Artist Within the Art
Ευσταθιος Παπαβραμοπουλος (Steve R)


It has always fascinated me when to see an artist photographed with their own work. It is always interesting to see how an artist positions themselves beside the painting, the sculpture, their creation or design. Photographers in particular often seem shy, even nervous when posing with the subjects of their art. Of course this isn't always the rule, but artists generally use their work as their main mode of expression.



For many, art is the outward expression of something internal, often passionate and deeply meaningful. Many artists choose to explain their work in great detail to ensure the message is clear. Others choose to let the art speak for itself, either wanting the meaning to remain secret or allow the viewer to interpret it for themselves.

Below: Annihilation by Steve R


In the case of artist Ευσταθιος Παπαβραμοπουλος, the line between art and artist are not clearly defined. Steve is one of my favorite men to profile on FH, I have profiled his art and modeling work several times in the past. Not only hot, but talented and complex.

"I have been drawing since I was 7 years old .. drawing is my life .. its the only way to go away from this world ... I can't imagine my life without it. Sad or happy, blank paper and a pencil are my best friends!"
Steve R.



When I saw these last two images I had to share them on FH. There is something so beautiful about Steve, not just with his art, but in these shots, within. Steve's world is filled by Heroes and Heroines battling the demons of the world. Battling these demons is not just something Steve draws, it is something he does within his own life. Please spend some time viewing more of Steve's work at his deviantART page HERE:

No comments: