Monday, October 3, 2011

The One At The Beach



If any of you were a fan of Friends, you will remember the 1997 finale, The One At The Beach. My weekend away pretty much copied that episode down to the cottage filled with sand. (mostly from peoples feet...) It has been raining pretty much non stop for 4 days, everything ended up wet, especially my dog. Except for a walk on the beach for about a half hour Friday night when it cleared, it was an inside weekend at the beach. Not the weekend I planned but board games, poker, good food and lots of beer is not the worst way to close out the summer of 2011.



One lesson I have yet to learn though, in all the times I have gone away with this particular group of friends, is how to bow quietly and gracefully out of the room when someone says 'Lets Play Truth Or Dare!' In order not to repeat the singing in my skivvies incident from last year I carefully chose truth this year. Lets just leave it that the results were no less traumatic.

1 comment:

Bobby F said...

Welcome back! So, I guess you did get the last drop out of summer, after all. :-)