Sunday, February 19, 2012

Gabriel Bermudez in Les mamelles de Tirésias



In the four plus years I have been working on FH I am not sure I have yet posted about an opera singer. I am not sure I ever thought I would... Although I am a huge fan of the Theatre, I admit that although I know a few Opera's (the big, mainstream shows) I never thought of the genre as source for material for the blog.


Gabriel in La Finta Giardinera.

Then while visiting DC recently I was introduces to the Youtube clip of Maria Bayo and the incredible Spanish baritone Gabriel Bermudez. Although Gabriel shows off his body in first minute of the Youtube clip below, his voice is better showcased in various other clips including his performance in La Finta Giardinera

Below: Gabriel & María Bayo in Les mamelles de Tirésias


Through my research on Gabriel I came upon a blog, Barihunks, totally devoted to the amazing men of Opera. I had no idea there were so many to cover, but Bermudez is not the only Opera star to have performed naked on stage. Although the owner of Barihunks writes about many things, and does not just focus on skin, it was a great place to spend some time at and I encourage you all to check it out!


No comments: