Saturday, February 11, 2012

While You Were Sleeping...



As I was not blogging the past couple of weeks, thought I would catch up on a few interesting television developments.

Thomas Howes


My obsession with Downton Abbey is a deep one and I could not possibly wait for the PBS airings any longer. Of course I picked up the Season 2 DVD's this week (having already spoiled the ending by watching the Christmas episode...over Christmas). I was disappointed the show chose to kill off my beloved William. I love me some Thomas Howes, and the short term emotional impact the characters death may have provided does not equal the long term benefits I think keeping the beautifully written and depicted character could have brought.




Grant Gustin


Grant Gustin's turn as Glee's Sebastian Smythe has been a highlight in an otherwise lack luster season. I know the Kurt/Blaine fans are all in a tizzy, but to me Gustin is far more interesting to watch than Kurt and Blaine's relationship. Hope to see more of him in future episodes. BTW Glee, your treatment of the character of Tina is on the brink of television role abuse....





Steve Jones


I has zero intention of watching next seasons X Factor. The first season was an over produced manipulative mess. I barely watch much of season 1 without a furiously pushing the >> button. I am disappointed the show decided to use Steve Jones as one of the many scapegoats for the mess it was. Jones was hot, likable and more than qualified to ringlead Cowell's circus. I predict unless the show fixed is actual problem (it's redundancy), with our without Jones it will remain a hot mess.




Vampire Diaries:


The Vampire Diaries isn't a show I watch on a weekly basis. Usually I await the DVD release and watch it all in a week or two. Entertainment Weekly's cover shoot has me awaiting anxiously the season 3 release...




3 comments:

Scot said...

What season is that Christmas picture from? The picture shows Dan Stevens/Matthew Crawley standing! Is that a spoiler?

Tye said...

Sorry Scot,

The shot is from the last episode of the season. I did not intially think the shot had any spoilers, but I guess it does.

Scot said...

Damn! :0)
Can we assume his junk works and he can sire an heir?