Friday, May 11, 2012

Six Degrees of Gay Marriage Support:


I know it is historic that for the first time ever, a sitting President has voiced support for same sex marriage. I know especially after the North Carolina vote, the timing is welcome and should be celebrated! I am hesitant to give Obama full kudos however as I can't help but feel he is not being completely honest. My feeling is he has always supported gay marriage, but feels the need to have his feelings be 'evolving' for his own political reasons. Maybe it should not matter, but it is smart but still, it bugs me. It is time man 'evolved' at the pace of the rest of the world. I am not sure men and women, beaten, stoned, raped and abused due to bigotry and prejudice would be patient and high five finally achieving the same human rights as everyone else. Will & Grace co-creater Max Mutchnick says it much better than I and thankfully not Vice President first daughter Bristol says it worse. Go Glee!


Images via Greg Weiner

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of the president for finally throwing his support behind gay marriage but I'm also very saddened by all the homophobes being interviewed on TV objecting to gay marriage. It baffles my mind how hateful they can be and use the Bible to cause pain to so many people. I just don't get how these people can sleep at night harboring so much hate in their heart.

-Chris

Anonymous said...

He's so hot!!!