Friday, June 29, 2012

An Impossible Mission:



The story isn't shocking really...and I am sure the blogosphere will be filled today with jokes and comments about couches. In some ways it is deserved. Cruise conducts himself with a degree of arrogance, overly confident, even cocky. He speaks clearly to those who listen that he is living a life worth emulating.

I just find the story sad. I had a true love for Dawson Creek's Joey Potter and true lust for Top Gun's Maverick. Both love and lust however, have long ago disappeared. So many rumours, hard not to think laced with some sort of truth. What, not my call, but being a Scientologist, and to be fair any religion, doesn't seem to bode well for long term relationships. Scientology and sexuality also clearly have an undefined, yet curious connection. Whatever the reason, I hope Cruise figures it all out soon because if not, and the pattern is continued, yet another young ingenue, will follow Rogers, Kidman and Holmes into the volcano...well for at least 5 years anyway.

3 comments:

Bobby F said...

I am glad Katie finally woke up from this fog she has been in for the last few years. Good for her. Probably the best thing she could do now is stay out of Hollywood for a while...maybe move back to Ohio to rebuild her relationship with her family would be a good start.
BTW, I, too, loved "Dawson's Creek" but I was so heartbroken the first time Pacey kissed Joey and I never really got over it...but I never stopped watching the show. It was like jabbing a dagger in my eyes every week, but I stuck with it right to the unsatisfying end.
Best wishes for Katie.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure his publicist has already put out a casting call for his next wife. I can't say it's not a smart career move. Would Nicole Kidman and Katie Holmes be the big stars they are if not paired with Tom? It's not like he's the only star to do this. Most of those relationships in Hollywood are for publicity.

-Chris

Brian said...

Some "investigating" led an intrepid columnist to report that wife #1 aka Mimi Rogers and wife #2 aka Nicole Kidman were both 33 when Tom filed for divorce.......anyone wanna guess how old wife #3 is now????? :-)