Friday, June 29, 2012

Some Curry Closure:



Ok, so obviously from my last post or two on the subject, I like Ann Curry. I am one of those people who don’t really look for perky in the morning, I prefer competence. The only thing I wanted perked prior to 9am is my coffee. NBC (Conan anyone) has a history of screwing over their talent, and as a form of closure, let me again say Curry, who worked about 15 years at NBC, was royally screwed. She left with dignity though with just most subtle of digs.



I was never a fan of Katie Couric, still am not. To me, she and Matt were more Donny & Marie, than people I wanted to get my news from. That role belonged to Ann. Her seriousness was often called distant; I prefer to see as simply different, heck, professional. With the new (old) 'team' of Roker, Lauer, Moralis and Guthrie you have a rather similar, but really quite bland combo. A little Curry was certainly needed to give that dish a bit of a kick. After watching NBC kick the woman to the curb so quickly, Guthrie should not fill her dressingroom with too many knick knacks. I think NBC, sometime after the Olympics are over, are going to have to once again look for a way to find some excitement in their today. Curry was not the problem, but their solution, to once again pull a Norville, is not only short sited but so incredibly sexist.

2 comments:

Bobby F said...

As Tom Cruise would say, "Stop being so glib."
Just kidding...had to say it!

Anonymous said...

Her goodbye was so hard to watch. My heart was breaking for her. I wasn't a fan of her's but she didn't deserve that. I want to give up on the Today Show and watch GMA but habits are hard to break. I've been watching the Today Show my whole life. I don't think I can just switch that easily.

-Chris