Monday, October 22, 2012

Halloween Countdown: Evan Peters in Asylum


It's that time of year! Any of you who have read FH in the past five years know I can get a little crazy with my Halloween inspired posts. The reason I love Halloween is that unlike most holidays, Halloween is one you can make entirely your own. There are no pressures to decorate (which I do), or cook, (which I don't) there are no family meals or visits from the cousin you choose to avoid most of the rest of the year. There are no gifts to buy and there are not battles over whether the religious connection should or should not be in the play and you eat things you mostly try to avoid the rest of the year. Halloween is also the night you can dress as you would the rest of the year if only you could get away with it!


Last weeks season two premier of American Horror Story: Asylum was a great way to start the season (although terror days on AMC had already began). I loved the first season of AMH, it is rare to find a scary television show that actually scared me. It did not hurt that there was plenty of eye candy (see my previous posts HERE:) and some stellar acting, most notably from the incredible Jessica Lange.


Lange is back full force in Asylum joined by some of my favorites from season one including Evan Peters. Peters is not only easy on the eyes he is also a gifted actor. Evans created one of the first seasons most memorable characters, and although we are just one episode in, is doing the same for season 2. As hot as he looked in the rubber suit, I am glad the writers chose to peel it off for a bit of skin for season 2's first show. I won't spoil for anyone who has not watched, but there was an element introduced in the first episode I am not entirely sure how will pan out. For now, I will just hold on and go along for the bump in the night ride!






No comments: