Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Incontinence Never Looked So Good...


There really not really anything sexy about incontinence unless of course the man hawking the product is a hunky former NHL superstar!


Former Boston Bruins superstar P.J Stock, known for his many scrappy ice fights is one of several athletes Depends has brought in push their new real fit product. Once only the domain for washed up film stars, Depends has wisely brought in a little eye candy to ensure their commercials are not quite as easy to fast forward through...


'I was a little not sure at first," the retired Boston Bruins forward said in an interview this week. I wouldn't have associated myself with the brand — 36 years old, athletic. I didn't really know what to think when they first approached me.'


Well, I am sure a healthy pay check did not hurt. Stock has also moved more into the entertainment side of the business with on air broadcasting and a season on the reality show Battle Of The Blades (above). I am sure a television commercial was just part of the career change. Although I am sure the athlete has gotten his share of ribbing I usually ignore related commercials and know I NEVER thought I would ever be doing a post about an adult diaper so obviously Depends has hit on something...


Above: P.J. Stock & figure skater Isabelle Brasseur for Real Fit

You can check out (and I know some of you will...) the ad on Youtube HERE:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stop shaking my head at this. Is he that hard up for money? Unless he really uses the product I have no idea why someone would do such a commercial unless for money. There had to be some other endorsement deal out there he could have found. Time for this guy to get a new agent.

-Chris

JiEL said...

I'm always attentive to that part of the commercial where PJ pull-up his... stuff...

I'd love to change his «diaper» anytime..LOL!!!

He is so cute...