Monday, November 12, 2012

Glee's New Direction


Speaking of minority, I seem in to be in the minority about this season's Glee. I have sort of been surprised to read how many critics are loving the shows transition from high school. Currently the show juggles Will and New Directions with the drama of New York.


My problem with this season is my favorite part of Glee was always when the writers balanced the large ensemble cast and the 'lets put on a show' theme remained the focus. This season, the show sort of is doing directly, what it is always did in the past indirectly, focus on writer/producer favorites Rachel and Kurt. Now I love Rachel and Kurt, but I don't love The Rachel & Kurt show.


I cannot believe we waited til November to get our first glance of Mercedes and Mike with Santana, Puck and Quinn only have brief appearances. The new cast has some good eye candy and some interesting characters, but I can't help but think the new direction of New Directions is not going to be able to sustain interest for all 24 episodes.


Now...if the producers have more episodes without Rachael and Kurt and follow Mercedes, Mike, Puck and Quinn on their adventures they might win me back, but...it does not seem the direction they are heading.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm disappointed with the new season. I just don't care about the new high schoolers and wish they had made a spin off for Rachel and Kurt so I could just follow them.

-Chris