Thursday, November 29, 2012

Just Because: Grant Bowler



In checking through my stats the other day I was curious as to why my 2009 post on Grant Bowler (then on Ugly Betty) was getting so many hits. Only took me a minute to remember the bodacious body of Bowler's was the Dick, in last Sunday's airing of Liz and Dick.


I am a big fan of Bowler's, loved him in many of his roles, including recently on True Blood, but nothing could bring me to watch another Lohan train wreck. I like old 70's disaster movies as much as the next person but at the risk of sounding too self righteous, I don't believe this movie was many for any other reason than to exploit the actress in the lead role.


I am no fan of Lohan's but in this case the producers obviously were not going for any form of greatness. It is clear, given that they could not get Lohan on a reality show, this would serve as the net best thing. Elizabeth deserved more and I am sure she will get it. There are much better writers, actors and producers who will pay homage to this star down the road. Some have called this flick another 'Showgirls' but I hope it dies a quick death and just goes away, and stays there.



Caps from Australian series 'Blue Heelers' and 'Outrageous Fortune'.


No comments: