Saturday, November 3, 2012

The eXcess Factor


I have sort of half watched the audition phase of season 2 of The X factor. Season 1 was a hot mess but was I curious to see what Season 2 might bring forth.

Simon Cowell obviously had his finger on the pulse on what America wanted to watch 10 years ago but he has obviously lost touch. The start of the live shows this week proved it was not Steve Jones or Paula Abdule that were the problem, it was Simon. Maybe it was partly Sandy's wrath, but The X Factor learned nothing from it's ratings struggles last season. It remains a loud, overly produced mess of excess noise, excess dancers, excess costumes, excess stage lighting, excess pushing of drama and look over talent. Mario Lopez and especially Khloe Kardashian just highlight the desperation to make this mess a success. It was an easy decision to remove this 3 hour waste of time off my DVR list.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Voice is far superior because they get what the show is suppose to be about....the contestants. I tried to watch The X Factor and got bored pretty quickly. I think Steve Jones may have kept me watching just a little longer because I think he's beautiful but even that wouldn't have kept me that much longer.

-Chris