Monday, January 21, 2013

Bottoms & Tops


The most recent shot of Bieber baring,(usually released by Bieber himself) cracked the rounds on Instagram this weekend, then forums, sites and blogs. I know most of the discussion was on the bottom but I was more interested in the discussion of the top.


Springfield

Although most comments included adjectives to describe the half moon, a few made reference to his wife-beater. For some reason, I cannot bring myself to say this word a loud. I don't consider myself a prude, but unless it on the torso of Chris Brown, the word bugs me. It is not my age, even as a teen I hated it. If you have ever known, or loved a woman degraded by bruises and humiliation, or known a man, usually overweight with his gut hanging below the shirt, the idiot whose fist created that bruise, you too might struggle to have the word slip easily off your tongue.

Efron

I love the actual piece of clothing, for a log time it has covered some of my favorite bodies.  Sleeveless sounds so formal, undershirt so dated. and guinea tee requires too much explanation, even after the laughing subsides. I know many call it a tank top, but I associate that term more with women, does it apply to men as well? Any suggestions of alternative words would be welcomed!

Bieber

1 comment:

Badsign769 said...

I've always described this style of shirt as a tank top and a t-shirt without sleeves as a muscle shirt.