Monday, January 14, 2013

The Battle of The Bluge: Mark Harmon


Although sadly I never got to see Mark Harmon or any of the other speedo clad television starts from the 70's on 80's on the old Battle Of The Network Stars when they aired, thanks to e-bay, I have been able to watch a few old recordings.


Although most of the copies you can buy are old VHS and even beta recordings converted to DVD, (you can often see the squiggly lines in need of tracking at the bottom) the ones I purchased were decent enough to enjoy the red and blue swimsuit bulges, and the bodies of not only Mark Harman but John Schneider, Gregory Harrison, Andrew Stevens, William R. Moses and many of my other favorite hunks from the shows heydays.


Usually when I mention the old Battle shows, I lament that today's TV stars would never pull up a speedo to participate in such a show. The ones who have steady jobs on television would not, but as I was flicking channels last night I did stop briefly on FOX and Antonio Sabato-Jr and a few other former celebrities on some high diving show, in yes speedos. I did not stay on it long, but good to see the old tradition is being kept alive as well. Just not sure there will ever be another stable of thoroughbreds like Harmon, the Duke and Hardy Boys and company who will be jumping into the pool for our television enjoyment!





With Marc Singer

With Michael J. Fox

With William Devane and Parker Stevenson

2 comments:

Mcelebspeedos said...

Tye I loved Battle OTNS when it was on with all the wonderful male celebs in speedos. SO many favs. I heard the shows were recently aired on an ESPN Classic Channel and hoped someone did tape those for they probably were better quality. ANyway I wanted to tell you I was at the taping of the diving show for Antonio Sabato. It was great to see him and David Chokachi live in their speedos as well as the others. They looked great.

Anonymous said...

You should rent (or buy) Summer School, 1987. Starring Mark Harmon, and Kirstie Alley. There are some good scenes where you see Mark in some Adidas shorts, I always drool when I see that part in the movie.