Friday, February 8, 2013

February Cheaps! Thumbs Down SVU


Although I love me some Mariska Hargitay, SVU has really not been watchable since the departure of Christopher Meloni. I don't think I have watched one episode this season, partly due to not really knowing when it airs anymore. NBC has a problem with scripted dramas and SVU's February Sweeps stunt with Tyson was beyond nauseating. The show has a long history with creative stunt casting, but this time their desperation got the best of them, and their judgement. To me, it undid much of the what the show liked to describe as the good they did for victims, and victims rights. The ratings have been on the decline for awhile and although there was a time I loved to watch, I would not be surprised, or disappointed if Tyson delivered the final blow.

Thanks to DVD though, we can always return to OZ!

No comments: