Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ode To Affleck


Daniel Day-Lewis will most likely win the Oscar. He was truly incredible in Lincoln. Lincoln was so beautifully acted, beautifully written, such incredible speeches, almost lyrical. Beautifully shot and directed, and to me, excruciatingly boring. I know I know many LOVED it, but I was head bobbing through most of the last hour.


The movie I did not head bob my through was Argo. Although after reading recent accounts by people directly involved, Argo may not be as historically accurate as Lincoln (the Canadian connections especially), Argo is certainly the more interesting movie. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire film, the last half hour especially.


I have loved and respected Ben Affleck for awhile, but until Argo, not sure I ever really lusted after him...


I crushed hard over Affleck as Tony Mendez, and I am sure I am not alone. His 70's hair, sort of unkempt look, tight pants and poly blend suits created one of the hottest characters Affleck has played. I don't think it is an accident Tony was so hot, I am sure his appearance was well thought out. In a movie with little to no nudity or sex, it was important to have a lead who had viewers experiencing a little tingle.


Affleck also made Mendez so hot through his confidence, not arrogant or cocky, simply confident in his abilities. So tonight, when hopefully Argo takes best picture, Affleck can forget any hard feelings about being left out of the best director category, he has made up for it at every award show since.


Ode To Affleck

Bounce

Glory Days

Hollywoodland

Reindeer Games

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter was a great movie and probably a thousand times more entertaining than the Daniel Day Lewis movie. I'll skip the Oscar winning one. I learned enough about the real Lincoln in history class.

-Chris