Saturday, April 6, 2013

R.I.P Roger Ebert


I remember as a kid in the 80's staying up late on Saturday night to catch Siskel and Ebert At The Movies. For some reason I remember it on PBS back then, but it may have been ABC. Locally however, it aired at 12:30am on Saturday night. Roger Ebert was someone I always admired due to intelligent and passionate love of the movies. Today, reviewers seem more interested in creating characters and finding catchy ways to insult a film rather than actually review it.

I have followed Ebert closely on twitter and facebook over the past several years and the way he dealt with his health battles were an inspiration. A truly beautiful man who exemplified the joy and passion one can obtain, regardless of what life throws at you, when you are doing a job that you truly love. R.I.P Mr Ebert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rodger was wonderful and will be missed. I loved his writing.