Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Exhibitionist By Nature: Chad by Michael Puff


Chad by Michael Puff


I think every word, every thought, that I have written about Michael Puff's work can be illustrated by simply enjoying this incredible series of images with Chad. The most difficult task, choosing images and leaving so many beautiful moments unshared in a desktop folder.


The San Francisco dancer says that he has recently become more interested in modeling and he appears to flow effortlessly by in front of Michael's lens. With the amount of movement captured, this shoot must have been as much of a work out for photographer as it was for model. Chad says that it was a pleasure working with Michael.


'We shot for about 4 hours, mostly me just playing around with different things. He had some instruction, but mostly we just bounced back and forth with putting ideas out there. He has a great eye for movement and I think the images came out wonderful.'


'Chad told me that he preferred to move rather than striking a pose. Not a surprising statement from a dancer. Most of our shoot was spent with Chad in motion, filled with strength and grace. I found Chad particularly enjoyable to watch because he moves not only with dance technique, but with soul as well. Many times I just wanted to put down the camera and watch.'





No comments: