Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Basting The Bird


In Canada, Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate the harvest and other blessings which have occurred over the past year. There are however, noticeable differences between the Canadian celebration and the American one. First off, the date. In Canada, the turkey is stuffed and basted in the middle of October. I was not however aware of the naked traditions associated with the Canadian celebration.


I have not strutted around naked in front of my grandmother since I was 4, but I guess I will have to give it a try this year. Now Justin Bieber doesn't really have enough meat on his bones to wet my appetite, but there are other Canadians that I wouldn't mind observing partaking in the tradition. Lets hope this October, the disgruntled cousins of Canadian hotties Ryan Gossling, Dillon Cassey, Evan Williams, Sebastian Pigott, and Shawn Robersts have their cell phones handy.


What do they put in the stuffing?



1 comment:

JiEL said...

Hi,

Very funny post here...

In French «Province de Québec», turkey is not the main dish for «L'Action de Grâce» (Thanksgiving)...

In my family, we don't really celebrate «L'Action de Grâce» for many years..
Also, turkey is not a traditional dish for the Holidays too...

We have food like meat pie, fruit cake, «ragoût de patte de cochon» etc...
My mom used to prepare «hors d'oeuvres» and little fancy sandwiches too...

So, serving turkey is more a English tradition..

Cheers
(((( HUS ))))