Monday, April 21, 2014

Just Because: Memories from Martha's Vineyard


A friends brand new 52 inch (television) brought about another viewing of Jaws this weekend, a movie I could watch over and over. John Williams score magnify's both the terror and the sensational and operatic final act. When I returned home I pulled out my own DVD to re-watch the making-of featurette. A young Steven Spielberg looks quite adorable directing and the story of the films journey from book to summer blockbuster is one of the interesting to explore. Last Christmas my uncle received Matt Taylor's Memories from Martha's Vineyard, a comprehensive and story filled chronicle of the making of the movie. I leafed through the image packed book after he opened it, and borrowed it to read in March. The stories, told first hand from those involved during the films production was a page turner and a fascinating behind the scenes look at the locals, the mechanical shark and the bottom dwellers back in LA fuming at the films ever increasing costs. If your a fan of Jaws, I highly recommend the book.

No comments: