Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Emmys, Actor: Comedy


I love television. Even more than movies, television was the vehicle that first launched my love of Hollywood, fantasy and favorite hunks. Motion Pictures are great, but I really didn't go to many movies until I was in High School. Before that, it was television that allowed me to escape to worlds and places far the life I was living. TV has, and still gets a bum rap. When I look at the current state of Motion Pictures and compare it to the best of the small screen, TV wins hands down. Penny Dreadful, American Horror Story, Game Of Thrones, Veep & so many others beat the hell out of Expendables 3. Last season, Penny Dreadful in particular, catapulted me through it's words, visuals and music, to a place that I loved spending time in. Hopefully next year, some of it's actors will be on the nomination list. I have been covering the world of television, and it's many great looking hunks since the blogs early beginnings. You can check out some of the best HERE:

Image via Mikel Marton

As is tradition at FH, award night means looking at the nominee's, of the male persuasion of course, and a few of my favorite (nude) scenes from the nominee's acting resume. In the past, most of the scenes were from movies, but with Showtime, HBO and other networks now showing the male forum generously, more and more of the images are from the actors show itself. Here are the best, (as voted by the television academy) from the 2013-2014 season.


Best Actor in A Comedy Series

Ricky Gervais, Derek
Matt LeBlanc, Episodes


Although it is likely Jim Parsons will again walk away with the statue, my vote would go to Don Cheadle or Willam H. Macy. I am over Parsons, and the show Although Sheldon is a great and unique character, he is not really stretching his acting muscles in the role any longer. Time for a new winner in this category.


Jim Parsons, Big Bang Theory
Louis C.K, Louie


Don Cheadle, House Of Cards

William H. Macy, Shameless

Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series


Tony Hale, Veep
Ty Burrell, Modern Family

For me, it is Tony Hale or Ty Burrell for the win! Tony cracks me up in every scene on Veep, and Ty is still the hardest working actor on Modern Family, working every second of every moment he is on screen.


Andre Braugher, Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Fred Armisen, Portlandia
Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Modern Family


Adam Driver, Girls

No comments: