Tuesday, December 9, 2014

12 Days: Paul Campbell in Window Wonderland

#8 Paul Campbell

I have not gotten all the way through all of the movies which are inspiring this years 12 Hunks of Christmas countdown. December is one of the busiest months at my job (Christmas brings out the crazy...) and many evenings as I go through folders of what awaits me the next day, I put on a Christmas movie. Most, I have 'half watch', looking up only now and then. That is what I had planned to do with Window Wonderland, but within about 10 minutes, I was fully in.


Paul Campbell is such an engaging actor, I am surprised he is not more well known. He and Grey's Anatomy vet Chyler Leigh make an adorable pair of department store window designers with competing Christmas displays both looking to take over the recently open head of the department position. Routine story, with a couple of winning actors who sell it well. Naomi Judd, who usually annoys me, blended in well and Cameron Mathison (I know, again!) this time doesn't end up getting the girl. That isn't much of a spoiler as you could see the ending coming from the first couple of scenes, but that didn't take away any of the fun.


I have had a wee crush on Paul Campbell since seeing him as President Roslin's (Mary McDonnell) on Battlestar Galactica. Paul also had a regular role on the short lived Knight Rider re-boot as well as recent stints on Supernatural, Emily Owens MD and Almost Heroes. Paul currently stars opposite Kids In The Hall's Dave Foley on the Canadian sit-com Spun Out which is entering it's second season. Unlike our other actors in the countdown, no skin from Paul (yet) but still worth of joining the list!


'His biggest fear is falling down an up-escalator indefinitely.'


Paul with Mary McDonnell on Battlestar Galactica

Paul with Justin Bruening & the cast of Knight Rider

Paul with Dave Foley, Darcy Michael & the cast of Spun Out

No comments: