Sunday, March 1, 2015

Humanity


It is interesting how some actors have an impact on you and you don't even realize it. I think many had the same thought with the passing of Leonard Nimoy this week. I wasn't a Trekkie, I have only seen a handful of episodes and a couple of the movies but yet he had an effect on me. Star Trek and Nimoy have been apart of my concious even without really my realizing it.

Star Trek: Pattern of Forces

Nimoy had a humanity, it was distinct and truly rare in a celebrity. Maybe it was the beautiful innocence and non-judgemental traits of Spock, maybe it was how polar opposite he was from the 'out there' William Shatner. Could be his work as an artist, or the lovely way he spoke in interviews. R.I.P Mr. Nimoy

Nimoy's only nude scene in the western Catlow (1971)



No comments: