Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Quiet Riot


'Two first-year students at Oxford University join the infamous Riot Club, where reputations can be made or destroyed over the course of a single evening.'


If I were to have assembled my dream cast of young, hot English actors, I am quite sure Sam Claflin, Max Irons and Douglas Booth would all have made the list.

I have featured each of these talented thespians on FH but was surprised to only learn last week they starred together in last years The Riot Club. I have yet to watch the film, but love the premise. I am guessing from my search there is little to no skin, but I am still looking forward to seeing these three go toe to toe in what I hope is well written material!


Claflin & Company shot by Blair Getz Mezibov for Mr. Porter

Talk me through your characters.

MR CLAFLIN: My character, Alistair Ryle, is the brother of an ex-president of the Riot Club. He’s a young man who has always lived in his brother's shadow.

MR IRONS: Mine, Miles, isn't from the same background as the others and becomes hypnotised by the idea of being at the top table.

MR BOOTH: And Harry, who I play, is a more senior member. He’s a young man with a title and the keys to an old country pile waiting for him when he graduates. He already has his whole life planned out for him – fixing leaky ceilings, ushering tourists through his living room etc – and as a result he sees this as the only time in his life when he's able to cut loose.


Booth in Christopher and his Kind

Claflin in Any Human Heart

Irons in The White Queen

No comments: