Observing several rules of common courtesy will be helpful this summer season:
1. Entering: Never dive, jump or thrust into the open area, slide slowly in when you see an opening.
2. Pace: Maintain the rhythm and pace of the other swimmers in your lane
3. Stopping: Never stop while in motion, ease out slowly, pushing off then out in one fluid motion.
4. Washing off: Always thoroughly wash and clean off upon exit to ensure all chemicals have been removed from your body and skin.
5. Tidy your area: Ensure you have wiped up any messes or picked up any remaining clothing off the floor before leaving the area.