Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Force Re-Awakens


'Your eyes can deceive you. Don’t trust them.'
Obi-Wan Kenobi


I was little young to see the original Star Wars when it first came out, but after Return of Jedi hit theatres in 1983, my father and younger brother hit a Saturday afternoon triple feature of all three original films, I was hooked. I had all three films in a VHS box set that eventually had to be replaced do to repeated use. I had toys, posters and ran around my backyard for hours, shooting into the air as I fled from the stormtroppers chasing me. Like many, I hated the three prequels, mostly because they lacked they failed to trigger the magic and my childhood imaginative mind as the first three films did.

Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian)

I am excited as anyone about next months release of The Force Awakens. Seeing Han, Leia , C3PO, R2D2 and especially my favorite character, Chewbaccca, back in the previews takes me right back to going to the theatre back in 1983. The rumours that Luke may have turned to the dark side is also something I can't wait to see.


Harrison Ford (Han Solo)

Ford in Frantic (1988)  I believe this film to contain his only 'sort of' nude scene.

Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker)

Hamill in Body Bags (1983)

No comments: