Sunday, October 16, 2016

Ten: FaVorites from studioAtruong

10

'Needless to say, when I discovered my first DSLR (a Canon), I was besides myself with joy to realize I could wield the apparatus to capture portraits of people. Though I find taking nude portraits of fit, young male models absolutely thrilling, I derive the greatest pleasure from taking pictures of a beautiful face!'

9

I think one of the best parts of working on FH is 'discovery'. One of the themes I write about when featuring an artist or model is how I discovered them. What image or shoot peeked my interest and had me wanting to see more. The net is filled with images of naked men, but most are quickly scanned by the viewer, and just as quickly forgotten. It is those images, and those artists that have me pause, stop and really look at an image that I reach out to about appearing on the site.

8

I remember distinctly the excitement I felt after discovering studioAtruong's work. Dramatic and sexy, Alain's focus is not highlighting a specific body part, but the striking lines, curves and shapes of the entire male form. I also loved how many different and creative images Alain was able to capture using minimal props and backgrounds. The first model I featured certainly illustrated this point. I loved so many of Alain's shots of Joey, that I separated them into three different pieces, covering three different looks and themes.

7

I also loved that Joey was also a discovery for Alain. A model who stood out among so many others at a model at a model boot camp he attended. To celebrate FH's 10th, Alain chose ten of his favorite images from his extensive portfolio. If you're a regular reader of FH, you'll notice many of the models included, including Joey, have been previously featured on the site. If you want to see more, check out studioAtruong's Quarternate post to see all of Alain's work featured on FH.

6


5

4

3

2

1

No comments: