Monday, October 3, 2016

Ten: POTD 2010


Although Pic of the Day's with male butts were still a staple, 2010 was the year FH as we now know officially came together. I always envisioned the site as an on-line magazine and my five post a day layout was cemented by the end of 2010. Staring with the magazine's cover, (POTD) followed by Birthdays, 2 supporting stories and the main artist, model or performers profile.

Image from WagnerLA

There have been times since 2010 that I have thought of altering the format, dropping the birthdays, posting fewer stores or posting more or less often, ultimately I find the format suits my style and allows me to fit in all of the things I want to cover each day. I continue to have a love/hate relationship with the Birthday feature. Some days it is a chore, other days, it has become my favorite part of working on the blog, especially if I'm able to find a great new shot of the Birthday boy.

Image from Xtavier_Paris

Photographer and model profiles became a daily staple with the POTD and main story tying together for pretty much every day's posts. Photographers who first appeared or were covered in 2010 included Wagner LA, Xtavier_Paris, David Arnot, Ev Dylan, Zedneram, Michael Stokes, Flyfoto, John M Clum, Haringman+, Bryan Motely, Leigh Carter and y first post featuring msbimages. Several photographers became regular contributors including Michael Puff, Bill McClaren, LightWeaver and Scott Barnes.

Image from David Arnot

Image from Ev Dylan

Image from Michael Puff

Image from Zedneram

2010 also marked the debut o FH of Barnsbury Studio. This was noteworthy as the artist behind Barnsbury is photographer Angus Malcolm who has gone to shoot the Warwick Rowers calendars the last 6 six years. I featured Angus' work with other models, I especially loved Boys at the Lumina. In November of 2010, featured his first shoot for Warwick.

Image from Barnsbury Studio

Models and performers were also favorites in 2010 and I tried when possible, to work directly with the model or actor on their stories. Some of the men making their FH debuts in 2010 were Ryan Murray, Nick Ayler, Steve Raider, Brad Ouellette and Brett Gleason. Thanks to Chris Tell, we also saw the first appearances of FH favorites Claudiu and Samuel Boux.

Ryan Murray

Nick Ayler

Claudiu

Samuel Boux

No comments: