Saturday, February 25, 2017

Actor in a Supporting Role


Mahershala Ali, Moonlight
Jeff Bridges, Hell or High Water
Lucas Hedges, Manchester by the Sea
Dev Patel, Lion
Michael Shannon, Nocturnal Animals

Starman (1984)

Jeff Bridges has been nominated for many awards, and usually when I feature him, I go to my 'go to' shots from Against All Odds. That is a little odd in itself, since I have never seen that movie. I do have a childhood memory however, of being with my Dad and younger brother at a screening of Starman. This was the first time I saw Jeff Bridges on screen, and the movie had a surprising, but rather 'Disney-like' nude scene near the beginning of the film. Although there was just a few seconds of Bridges butt, the scene in which he 'was naked' was rather long, and I remember being excited they might show another glimpse of his butt. They did not. =


Since starting FH, I have seen much of more of Jeff's work, and loved watching The Last Picture Show on TCM a few years ago. In honor of Jeff's most recent Oscar nom, I am featuring a few of my favorite peaks at Bridges body. I found copies of both The Last American Hero and Winter Kills to create some new caps.

The Door in the Floor (2004)

The Last American Hero (1973)

Video below from Scenes From Male Skin, showing a bit more skin than my version of the flick.


Winter Kills (1979)



No comments: