Sunday, August 2, 2026

Suddenly Seeable:

I didn't watch much of the Brooke Shields sit-com Suddenly Susan in the 90's.  I was still in school and the show wasn't exactly must see TV.  I did watch enough however to know that actor Nestor Carbonell was incredibly hot and that the late David Strickland was incredibly cute.


I know many of you really dislike AI and I've had mixed feelings about it myself.  As time goes by I find myself disliking it more and more.  Not because it can't be used for positivity, but because for the most part, thus far it hasn't.  I still enjoy the odd AI image, especially when it's of something that can't be easily created without the technology.


Now if there's one use I am ok with, it's to remove text from image like these caps from Suddenly Susan. I don't support removing watermarks, or artists credit, but this scene was shown at the end of the season three episode Trash Test Dummies.  Both Carbonell and Strickland appear in thongs as the end credits role.


As you can see the AI removed the credits, but at the same time, the results are almost too perfect.  It's hard to tell if the guys are actually baring their buns or wearing skin colored tights.  I tend to think they it's skin we're seeing, but AI tends to smooth everything out so much, it's hard to tell.  Still, after seeing some caps from the episode, (with text) on ausCAPS, I had try getting a clearer few.


No comments: