Sunday, May 15, 2016

A Sloth Unmasked (and undressed...)


The Goonies was one of my favorite childhood movies was without a doubt The Goonies. (1985) A few years ago on FH, I did a piece featuring some of my crushes from the film.  (It's Good Enough For Me...)  I remember crushing over Sean Astin, and especially Josh Brolin the mulitple times I headed to the theatre to catch the flick.


There was definitely a hunk from the film I originally overlooked, when watching the film, and when doing that earlier post.  I will cut myself a little bit of slack as he was buried under a ton of make-up. Many of you might have known, but Sloth was played by football player turned actor John Matuszak John spent the biggest part of his career playing for the Oakland Raiders and played in 2 Superbowls.


Upon retiring from Football, Matuszak turned to acting, as well as an appearance in Playgirl Magazine in 1982.  I will not be able to watch The Goonies any more without now thinking what a hunk Sloth is under his superman t shirt and make-up.  Sadly, Matuszak died in 1989 from an accidental overdose after a long, and public battle with prescription drugs. Sort of curious now to check out the actor's biography, Cruisin' with the Tooz, which was published in 1987.

Playgirl, December 1982



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always admired the Tooz's sexiness. What a STUD!