Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Not a great day for the Palin Girls...


Source:

I have written in the past that I am bothered when people cannot seem to separate the child from the actions of their parents. Most of us spent our entire lives trying to separate, often fighting hard not to follow in our parents footsteps.

I LOVE Meghan McCain, even like the Bush Girls (love Laura too, although Jenna should NOT be on The Today Show). Sort of luke warm on Chelsea Clinton and have never really disliked the Palin kids, even though their mother drives me batty. I wrote before how bothered I was by some of the crap thrown at Bristol since she joined DWTS simply because who her mother was. Most of us would not get out of bed if when we left the safety of our front door every good and bad thing our parents did in their past was known to every single person we met. I applaud Bristol for going on the show and think she did a great job.

However...

She was far from one of the best dancers and I fear she is going to regret getting pushed through another week. With Brandy's departure last night those who were simply annoyed by her are not going to be furious and I am sure the degree of insults are about to escalate. Too bad really as being on the show was her choice, her choice when to leave is not.

Now little sister Willow...all the insults coming her way today, (mother aside) are quite warranted. I certainly did not watch Palin's Alaska but the few seconds I saw on the news tell me Willow quite possibly might have more power in how well her mother does in the next election that anything we have seen before...

2 comments:

CBEntr said...

Willow, being the daughter of a politician should understand that words hurt, however, it appears the branch does not fall far from the tree. Just ask these young men if words hurt, oh wait, you can't (shameless plug)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOxsR89ixaU

As for DWTS...First, Bristol was not a star. She was the 'knocked up' daughter of a "Christian" politician (who quit, after only two years, her elected postion as head of a state, so she could make more money). Second, this is a "jumped the shark" moment. DWTS has gone from a family friendly dancing competition to political, plain and simple. If she wins, it might be a nail in the coffin for the show.

Anonymous said...

I watch DWTS on a weekly basis and I've yet to see any improvement from Bristol. I really don't even want to watch the finale because I'm sure she will win and that will annoy me to no end. Her presence on the show has already caused me to dislike CarrieAnne Annabe and Mark Ballas. If Bristol would even look like she was enjoying herself on the show I might feel differently but each week she looks as if she'd much rather be someplace else. Brandy at least worked hard and seemed motivated to do well. Also it's suppose to be Dancing with the STARS and Bristol has to remind of all the time that she's not a star and everyone can't relate to her. Well it's not Dancing with the Normal Folks. As for Willow's comments. Doesn't surprise me one bit. The true colors of that family were going to come out sooner or later. I can't wait till So You Think You Can Dance comes back.
-Chris