Monday, February 11, 2019

David Packer in You Can't Hurry Love (1988)


You can't hurry love
No, you'll just have to wait
Just trust in a good time
No matter how long it takes


Last month, while working on my Actors & Skin piece featuring Jeff Daniels, I ordered one of Jeff's films, Love Hurts, on Amazon.  Since DVD's are on their way out, many DVD's are now being combined in 'sets' and the copy of Love Hurts that I ordered was matched with the 1988 comedy You Can't Hurry Love.


You Can't Hurry Love is a comedy about a guy who is told the only way to be successful in LA is by "pretending to be someone else." Through a series of dates at a video dating service, he learns that isn't the case, and that it's better to be yourself, rather than what you think others want you to be.


That guy was played by actor David Packer.  I had never heard of Packer before, but after checking out his IMDB page, I know I must have seen some of the many projects he has been credited in over his thirty plus years working in Hollywood.  Some of Packer's credits included roles on M*A*S*H, V, ER, CSI: New York, The Guardian and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.


Before adding the DVD to the pile of items I was donating and giving away, I decided to check out You Can't Hurry Love.  I can't say I got all the way through, but I did watch long enough to check out this cute nude embarrassment scene that I capped wanted to share.



No comments: