Thursday, April 22, 2021

1991: Actors & SKIN


Viggo Mortensen in Indian Runner


If you grew up in the 90's, you most like saw some of writer and director Peter Greenaway's films.  I never any of them in the theatres, but they often seemed to rotate on late night cinema on TV.  I remember being frustrated by the nudity, and they were fast forward scenes for sure.  There was often a lot of full frontals, from extra's, but the scenes were quick and full of dance and movement, and hard to really get into.  Occasionally, like the scene below with actor Mark Rylance, the scene was focused enough to get a decent view.

Prospero's Books

Tom Berenger, At Play In The Fields of the Lord

Julian Sands in Sons And Lovers

I Knew whenever I hit Blockbuster, that if Julian Sands was in a movie, there was a decent chance there would be nudity.  I'd forgotten about renting (on VHS) Husbands And Lovers until searching for films for this piece.    Sands had several frontals in the movie, and this films deserves a decent Blu-ray release. 


Backdraft

It was only a few seconds, but man, William Baldwin and Jason Gedrick's shower scene was the highlight of Backdraft.  Those few seconds ertainly packed a hot punch and made an impact. 


Sleeping With The Enemy

Of course I hated Patrick Bergin's character n Sleeping With The Enemy.  It didn't stop me however, from renting the flick, even after seeing it in the theatre, just to get another look at Bergin's brief butt scene.


Close My Eyes

Close My Eyes is the only film included that I didn't actually see back in the 90's.  I didn't watch the Clive Owen led drama until a few years ago.  Owen was so beautiful in the film, and he showed off his incredible body in a couple of scenes. 

No comments: