Monday, January 1, 2024

Sex In Cinema: 2023

As has become tradition at FH, every year I like to take a look back at the best of male skin in the movies.  The most difficult part lately has been defining exactly what a movie is.  It used to be easy, the sex in question, took place in movies shown at a cinema.  These days, some of the best male nudity occurs on television, but my focus in this post is on films with a theatrical release. 

As always, it was really difficult to narrow down to a manageable list.  I had to leave off a few favorites.  I didn't include any of the male nudity from 2023 that I've already featured on the blog, nor any I suspect was digitally enhanced.

The Iron Claw

I've seen most of the movies I'm featuring this year, but I have yet to see the just released The Iron Claw.  I don't believe there is any nudity in the film, but the promotional department certainly took advantage of their hot male cast members.  Shirtless images of Zac Efron, Harris Dickinson and and Jeremy Allen White have been making the rounds promoting the film for months.

It's also worth noting, that like Charles Melton in May December, (HERE:) it wasn't on my bingo card that Zac Efron's name would be bounced around as a possible nominee for some of the industries most prestigious awards.  Zac and the film are both getting fairly decent reviews from what I've seen so far. 


Previous Sex & Cinema Features:

Saltburn

I got home late from a party the other night, and got into bed and started Saltburn.  It was about 2a.m and I ended up falling asleep about half way through.  I'm planning to finish tonight.  That being said, Barry Keoghan is fantastic and Jacob Eldori perfectly cast as the guy everyone loves.  I also love that midway through the movie surprised me.  I love when that happens, and it's rare these days.  I thought the characters were going in one direction, then it took an unexpected turn. 



Down Low

I have seen Down Low and sadly there's no real nudity either.  There is however, three of my favorites, Lukas Gage, Zachary Quinto and Simon Rex all showing some skin in shirtless scenes.  Missed opportunity with that massage scene!

Barbie

Ryan Gossling needs a mention for his turn as Ken in Barbie.  Most have read that many other actors were offered 'Ken' roles, and the 'I Just Ken' song wasn't even meant to be in the movie.  In Gossling's capable hands however, what could have have been a throwaway character, of a mostly throwaway doll, became an important part of the films success. 

Infinity Pool

No, the scene in Infinity pool wasn't exactly a great nude scene,  he's shown more on True Blood. However, anytime Alexander SkarsgĂ„rd slides out of his skivvies it's worth taking note of to me.


No Hard Feelings:

Jennifer Lawrence got most of the attention for her nudes scenes for No Hard Feelings.  Justifying so,  it's still not that common for successful actors like Lawrence to do nudity.  Lawrence seemed to embrace it.  My favorite moment of skin the film however was a flash of butt from the ultra hot Matthew Noszka.

Anyone But You

I featured actor Glen Powell's hot butt scene from the trailer for Anyone But You last November. (HERE:)  Now it's time to take a peek at another scene, this time, featuring actor Joe Davidson's round and beautiful rump.  I know many crushed over Joe during his time on the soap Neighbours

Passages:

I know it made a lot of top 10 lists, but I wasn't a huge fan of Passages.  I liked the premise, and the actors were fine, but I just couldn't invest in either of the two main characters.  I do however, always enjoy actor Ben Whishaw, and.... there was that one long sex scene with the camera focused mostly on Ben's butt.

Red, White & Royal Blue

I think one of the significant films this year was Red, White & Royal Blue.  I know it was really a theatre film, though it did have it's premiere BFI IMAX in London.  Sure, I loved seeing Taylor Zakhar Perez's amazing ass, but I think the movie reached more eyes than many other gay themed films.  Most gay films only reach a small audience, mostly in the gay community.  The Hallmarkish Red, White & Royal Blue may not have been that deep, but I'm guessing with it's sweet, but rather tame love story was seen by many people who otherwise might not tune into a love story featuring two men.


No comments: