Saturday, February 8, 2020

Sex in Cinema: 2019


As has become tradition, FH once again takes a look back at the year in skin, cinema skin that is!  I chose to focus on my favorite sex and nude scenes from films, and did not include an television shows in the mix.  With so many  movies now debuting digitally, on-line and streaming services, sometimes things get confusing.   Hope maybe there's a scene or two here you haven't seen, and may want to check out.

Rocketman

I liked, but didn't love Rocketman, but it was far more enjoyable than last year's overly hyped, and overly awarded, Bohemian Rhapsody.  Although I would have liked Taron Egerton to have gotten a nod, I actually though the trailer deserved an award, it was spectacular.   Although the sex scene didn't show a whole lot, I was surprised to learn that according to NewNow Next, that Elton John (Taron Egerton) and John Reid's (Richard Madden) roll around in the sheets was the first gay male sex scene in a major studio release.  Shocking if true.


The Lighthouse

The Lighthouse wasn't great, but there was something about the film that I really loved.  If you go by the movies, sex with fish seems to be really taking off...   I also consider this Robert Pattinson's first real nude scene.  Yes, he's had a few 'sort of' nude scenes, but this one was at least somewhat decently lit...


The Cleansing Hour

I have not seen all of The Cleansing Hour, but I take every opportunity to see as much of actor Ryan Guzman as I possibly can.


Jexi

Given his recent string of films with on-screen nudity, often full frontal, I'm not sure actor and comedian Adam Devine is going to be able to shoot any film without audiences expecting (demanding) at least a peak at Adam's anatomy.


Hustlers

As I watched this scene in Hustlers, I kept wondering what was going on in the mind of the actor Rob Stats.  According to Stats, its all in a days work.  The actor and stuntman has made a name for himself as the go-to guy for nude stunt work and has taken it off in a variety of movies and television shows.


A Million Little Pieces

If there was one nude scene the past year that got the lion's share of attention, it was undoubtedly Aaron Taylor-Johnson in A Million Little Pieces.  Checking out the scene, it's not hard to see why, and the piece, as you can see.... is far from little.

2 comments:

Steve said...

I think you mean Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

Tye said...

Thanks Steve, must have flashbacked to my Jonathan Taylor Thomas crush