Saturday, March 16, 2024

Cooks Photography: Giorraíonn Beirt Bóthar

'
'Two Shorten the Road'

Two shorten the road is common meaning of the old Irish proverb, Giorraíonn Beirt Bóthar. The direct translation of the words are 'beirt' meaning 'two people' and 'bóthar' meaning 'cow path'.  The phrase embodies the sentiment that as long as you have someone by your side, any journey taken will be easier when there are two people on the path together.


Thankfully, today most of us are now walking down paved roads, and not dodging and weaving in order to avoid cow shit on muddy path.  The sentiment applies regardless, especially on holidays.  Although St. Paddy's Day isn't as family focused as some other holidays, in Ireland it is a national and cultural holiday focused on the feast of St. Patrick.  No one wants to sit down to 'feast' alone, especially a meal of corn beef and cabbage.


Although we weren't Irish, my mother used to cook corn beef and cabbage on March 17th when I was growing up.  When I got older I grew to enjoy, (tolerate) the meal on occasion, but I certainly didn't like it as a kid. I was happy to have my dog sitting on the floor beside me, on the path with me, to eat most of the food that I quietly slipped him.


For this St. Patrick's Day inspired shoot, Hal from Cooks Photography brought together Michael and Tracy.   Tracy is the model with body art, and Michael, despite my close inspection, appears not to have any tattoos on any visible body part.  I saved an image of Michael and Tracy awhile ago, and Hal kindly sent on the rest of the shoot for me to share on this St. Paddy's Day.  


I loved the sense of erotic touch, and the poses Michael and Tracy created.  It reminded me of the old FH proverb that, no matter how hard you try, it's difficult to tickle oneself.  Although self pleasure is wonderful, it's pretty much impossible to trick our own mind.  When we touch ourselves, all of the sensations are completely predictable.  It's pretty hard to surprise our own genitals with a sneak attack from our own hand.  Since our minds can't as easily predict the behavior of another set of hands, the sensation, and therefore the road, is often more erotic. 



No comments: