Saturday, February 16, 2019

Classic Playgirl: February 1991


'I thought being a centerfold would help me meet girls. You can never know too many women...or have too much fun.'


Thomas James
Man of the Year, February 1991
Photography: Sean Kahlil


The long haired beauty was always a favorite of mine. I remember checking his issue out when I was a kid, and buying it years later at a flea market with a pile of other back issues. James first appeared as The Man for April in 1990, but was the viewers overwhelming choice for Man of Year and featured in a spread the following February.


'Me?' Thomas sputtered when he received our call. 'I can't believe it!' But once the 27 year old Long Island native got used to the idea, he took to it rather well. 'I was bombarded with a lot of attention after the April issue came out. I can't wait to see what happens now,' he laughed, his green eyes twinkling.'

No comments: