Thursday, January 27, 2022

ACTORS & Skin: Kevin Spirtas

'I think actors are mostly exhibitionists on some levels anyway. But I’m not doing anything gratuitous.' Kevin Spirtas

Days of our Lives

I'm not currently watching Days Of Our Lives, but I was intrigued when recently reading a story about actor Kevin Spirtas and his return to the role of Craig Wesley.   The story seems to be heading towards a possibly controversial twist, but one the talented actor I'm sure will rise to.  Spirtas has made his mark in almost all area's of the business from soap operas, prime-time, feature films and on stage. 


In addition to his role on Days, Spirtas has also appeared on several other soaps including Rituals, Valley of the Dolls and One Life to Live.  He's also appeared in prime-time including roles in The Facts of Life, Quantum Leap, Married.. With Children and Friends.  Spirtas has also made his mark on the big screen with roles in Apt Pupil, The Hills Have Eyes; Part II and most notably as Nick (credited as Kevin Blair) in Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood


It's also impressive that Spirtas has been able to seamlessly flow between playing both straight and gay roles on stage, on television and in films. Spirtas understudied for Hugh Jackman in the Peter Allen on Broadway for The Boy From Oz. I first noticed the hot young actor as Guy in the 1996 gay themed film Green Plaid Shirt.  I think this film included one of the actors on screen nude scenes.  He also shared his beautiful bod in a series of straight roles in several  softcore flicks throughout the 1990's. 


Spirtas took it all off on stage including his turn in the 2009 production of Loaded.  The quote below is from an interview about his role in the show.


'At first I thought, “I’ve got to stop eating sugar,” but that didn’t help [laughs]. I took on the script because of what it had to say. And I thought what it had to say was more important than the action or activity of clothes versus no clothes. I was actually supposed to start off [at the beginning of the show] in a jock strap. Which I thought was kind of odd since the play opens and we’ve just had sex. '

'Why would I have put a jock strap on to be lying there in bed? If we’re going to be here in a real time, in a real situation, then I would just assume or prefer to be nude to get up and get dressed like you would do naturally.  As you can see in the show, we have great “sheetography." Sometimes the sheet pulls away and you see a little bit more. But I’m focused on what I’m saying to Jude. The nudity doesn’t bother me.' 

Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)

Now that you've learned a little about the actor, check out the SKIN on the NEXT PAGE HERE:

Loaded (2009)

One Live To Live

A recent shot from Kevin's Instagram

No comments: