Saturday, April 25, 2020

UnEnchanted April: Marco by Male Beauty by bengie


'April is the cruelest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain'
T. S. Eliot


They say March will break your heart, but this year, April's been equally brutal.   Most years, March and April are the launch pad month which spring us forward into sunny days and starry nights.  I'm not sure about you, but in here in the east, winter has yet to completely let go.  It's been incredibly windy and rainy with snow still stubbornly sneaking in while we sleep.  It doesn't usually stick around too long, but even it's brief appearance in the morning, is another slap in the face


Between the social isolation, and pain and death which surrounds us, it's hard to count on April's promise of rebirth and recovery from the long winter.  Canada was also hit with a double whammy last weekend, which no amount of disinfectant can externally, or internally, wash away...  FH however, has always acted for me, as a form of escape.  So... if spring isn't coming to me,  I'm coming to it.


When I was thinking of a shoot or set of images to best embody my desire for spring, even a virtual one, this series of Marco sprung to mind. Some FH readers my remember that last March, spring's arrival was celebrated on the site with a couple images of Marco by Male Beauty by bengie (Sprung)  I have been looking for a reason to feature more of bengie's shots of Marco, and now, seemed the perfect time.


Although I may not be able to count on April, I can always count on bengie to beautifully capture the the male form,   One of my favorite parts of bengie's work, in addition to the array of incredible models he chooses to shoot, are the locations he uses around his home and property. Although it's always hot and steamy in bengie's shower. or on his patio, .. some of my favorites, are bengie's shots of models outside.


I especially love how he captures his subjects connecting with the fields and farmland which surrounds his property.  Marco in particular seems to be enjoying his time outside on the farm.  Marco lets it all hang out, welcoming the spring heat and sun to spread over and warm, his naked skin and body.



No comments: