Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Actors & SKIN: Jeff Bridges, The 1980's


Actor Jeff Bridges bared his bottom twice in 1984.  Both are quick, darkly, lit scenes, but both certainly still worth a mention.

Starman

An alien takes the form of a young Wisconsin widow's husband and makes her drive him to his departure point in Arizona. Distrustful government agents, along with a more ambivalent scientist, give pursuit in hopes of intercepting them.


1984's Starman was the second Jeff Bridges film that I saw, probably when I was 10 or 11 when we rented it on VHS in the late 80's.   What sticks out to me about the film, is it was one of only about 4 movies one of my aunts, who was single, owned on video.  The other 3 were Disney films.  Looking back, I'm not sure if it was because of the fantasy, science fiction elements, or Bridges quick flash of buttocks.


Against All Odds

'A gangster hires an ex-football player to find his girlfriend. When he finds her, they fall in love, and the twists start to appear.'


I've never really watched 1984's Against All Odds all the way though, it always seemed a little boring to me.  Checking out again recently, Bridges certainly looks hot and oozes both sex and sensuality.   


Although it seems to get a lot of attention of it's nude scenes, there's actually very little nudity.  The shirtless promotional shots of Bridges, and the hit theme song, I think drew many viewers in.  I think some of the promotional shots of a shirtless Bridges, and even a little implied nudity, were hotter than the actual film.




No comments: